As we approach the September 20th federal election, find out more about how candidates responded to the #IVotePalestine initiative.
The Canadian BDS Coalition sent a detailed election questionnaire to all candidates (for which we could find contact info) in all ridings, asking for their position on a range of issues related to justice and rights for Palestine and the Palestinian people.
On Wednesday, September 15, hundreds of you joined us to reach hundreds of thousands more in a social media storm telling Canadian politicians that we want to end Canadian complicity in Israeli war crimes. (Article by Marion Kawas, of Canadian BDS Coalition member organization, the Canada Palestine Association.)
We received the following responses from federal parties and individual candidates:
Federal Party Responses
|Communist Party of Canada||Bloc Quebecois|
Individual Candidate Responses
Please note: we have not received a response from Leaders Jagmeet Singh and Annamie Paul, nor from the federal NDP or Green Party of Canada.
However, we can also share the following survey of Green Party candidates, conducted by Ian Shaw: Click here to download PDF
Check out responses from individual NDP and Green candidates here.
Organizations across Canada endorsed the #IVotePalestine campaign:
- Atlantic Canada Palestinian Society
- BDS Vancouver – Coast Salish Territories
- Canada Palestine Association
- Canadian Peace Congress
- Early Childhood Development Intercultural Partnerships Program
- Ed Corrigan Law Office
- Educators for Peace and Justice
- Green Tomorrow Niagara
- IfNotNow Toronto
- International Solidarity Movement
- Justice for Palestinians – Calgary
- Just Peace Advocates
- Just Peace for Palestine Solidarity Group – NL
- Niagara Movement for Justice in Palestine-Israel (NMJPI)
- North London BDS
- Oakville Palestinian Rights Association
- Palestine Solidarity Network – Edmonton
- Palestinian Canadian Academics and Artists Network (PCAAN)
- Palestinian Canadian Community Centre (PCCC) – Palestine House
- Palestinian Youth Movement-Vancouver
- Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network
- SANSAD – South Asian Network for Secularism and Democracy
- Socialist Action / Ligue pour l’Action socialiste
- Socialist Project
- World BEYOND War
The Canadian BDS Coalition is also an endorser of the Vote Palestine pledge initiative.
Visit the Vote Palestine pledge page to see all of the cross-country candidates who have signed the pledge.
As you go to the polls, remember: #IVotePalestine!