#Nakba72 like every day, our thoughts are on Right of Return, our hearts are with Palestine and our actions are for sanctions on Israel until right of return is realized.
A few things to check out and participate in over #Nakba72
- Check out the interview about Canadian BDS Coalition with Karen Rodman, Hanna Kawas and Bruce Katz!
Canada Files talked about the state of the Canadian BDS movement, Israeli apartheid during COVID-19, the Canadian federal politics of BDS and the Green Party’s leadership race.
2. Palestine is indivisable: a virtual rally by Al-Quds Committee, a member of the Canadian BDS Coalition
3. #QudsistheReturn Key
4. BNC events
Online Nakba Day Rally – May 15, 9 PM Palestine time: With speakers and performers including DAM, Janna Jihad, Diana Buttu, Roger Waters and Ken Loach. Organized by Palestine Solidarity Campaign (UK), Jewish Voice for Peace (US), South African BDS Coalition, and the BDS Movement.
5. Nakba event with various partners who are members of the Canadian BDS Coalition including Independent Jewish Voices, and Socialist Action, as well as others including Courage and Palestine House.
Canadian BDS Coalition is endorser of this event.
6. Never Forgotten: 72 Years of Restistance.
7. Petition to the Government of Canada
Almost 1000 signatures. Petition to the Canadian Government calling for end of blockage on Gaza and aligning voting at the United Nations with the rest of the international community. Thanks to Paul Manly for sponsoring.
- The Palestinian people in Gaza have been under blockade for 13 years;
- This has resulted in accelerated de-development, and led the United Nations to indicate that Gaza would be unlivable by 2020;
- COVID-19 has grave potential for human catastrophe in this most densely populated area of the world;
- Article 56 of the Fourth Geneva Convention specifically provides that an occupier has the duty of ensuring and maintaining the measures necessary to combat the spread of contagious diseases and epidemics; and
- Under Article 1 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, all high signatories, of which Canada is one, are required to take actions to ensure that violations of the Fourth Geneva Convention do not occur under any circumstance.
We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to request that Israel immediately lift the blockade on Gaza to enable medical and humanitarian aid during the COVID-19 pandemic, and insist that Israel permanently end its blockade of Gaza; and vote at the UN General Assembly in alignment with the majority of the international community taking a stance in line with international law and human rights for Palestinians.