Fifteen years already since the International Court of Justice finds Israeli barrier in Palestinian territory is illegal
9 July 2004
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) issued an advisory opinion on July 9, 2004 indicated that Israel’s building of a barrier in the occupied Palestinian territory is illegal and said construction must stop immediately and Israel should make reparations for any damage caused.
June 9, 2004 The International Court of Justice (ICJ) issued an advisory opinion today that Israel’s building of a barrier in the occupied Palestinian territory is illegal and said construction must stop immediately and Israel should make reparations for any damage caused.
Remembering this the Canadian BDS Coalition sends a message to Mary Anne Yule, President and CEO at HP Canada demanding that HP Canada stop profiteering from Israel’s apartheid, occupation and colonization.
#MaryAnneYule President/CEO @HPCanada Listen Up…
July 9,–15 years since the International Court of Justice found Israeli barrier in Palestinian territory illegal. Still @HP aids and abets war crimes, apartheid and colonization. #SHAME #BoycottHP @BDSmovement pic.twitter.com/Cs8t7Ph2ii— Canadian BDS Coalition (@Canadian_BDS) check out @Canadian_BDS tweet at: July 9, 2019
Canadian BDS Coalition Joins in 2019 Global Week of Action
HP plays a key role in Israel’s oppression of Palestinians. It provides technology, equipment and services to the Israeli military, including for the checkpoints and ID card system that underpin Israel’s apartheid policies and its movement restrictions for Palestinians.HP relies on its good image and its contracts with public organisations, civil society bodies and private businesses. Effective grassroots campaigning can push HP to end its role in Israeli apartheid and settler colonialism.
Learn more about HP and its war crimes.
From July 10th – 15th, groups from across the world are coming together to send a powerful message to HP companies, HP Inc and HP-E, demanding that they stop profiteering from Israel’s apartheid, occupation and colonisation.
July 15 marks one year from the adoption of the racist Nation-State Law by the Israeli parliament, that has made discrimination of Palestinians and all non-Jews mandatory, officially declaring Israel an apartheid state. Let’s call out Israel on its regime of apartheid and take action to stop international complicity with it!
HP companies have been enabling Israel’s apartheid and brutal oppression of the Palestinian people for years.
HP-E provides Israel’s Population and Immigration Authority with the exclusive Itanium servers for its Aviv System. This system enables the government to control and enforce its system of racial segregation and apartheid against Palestinian citizens of Israel. HP-E is also directly involved in Israel’s settler colonialism through its “Yesha database”, which compiles information on Israeli citizens in illegal settlements in the occupied Palestinian West Bank.
HP Inc., the legal successor of HP, provides computer hardware to the Israeli army which maintains the illegal occupation over millions of Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
Grassroots and civil society groups across the world have called upon HP companies to end their ties with Israel’s grave violations of human rights. 30+ churches in the US have declared themselves HP free. Trade unions in the UK and across Europe have committed their support to Palestinian rights by boycotting HP products and divesting from the company. India’s largest students’ federation, with over four million members, has endorsed the call to boycott HP and is taking this campaign to college campuses. Dublin City Council, in its resolution to support the Palestinian call fro Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS), has also endorsed the boycott of HP companies. More boycott pledges from across the world are coming up during the week of action.
This is a moment to further strengthen this campaign globally. During this week of action, you can do any of these actions, or build your own action, to support the campaign.
- Follow us on Twitter @Canadian_BDS and retweet messages sent to HP Canada, and major retailers of HP products in Canada.
- Like us on Facebook at @BDSCoalition & SHARE our messages regarding HP.
- If you organization is planning a specific action anywhere in Canada let us know at email@example.com
- A letter will be sent to HP Canada, and to major retailers later this week form the Canadian BDS Coalition. Details on how you too can share a letter will be provided shortly. STAY TUNED. Retailers selling HP Products: In Canada consumer boycott focused on Best Buy and Staples, but not limited to these retailers.
- Sign the international pledge to boycott HP.
- Join the more than 1.8 million people have signed a petition calling on HP to end its role in Israeli apartheid and settler colonialism.
- HP Free Zones: Call on student groups, faith communities, not-for-profits, unions, institutions, other organizations, businesses, along with governments declare that they are HP Free. This could include owning no HP products, publicly getting rid of HP products, or declaring will not buy any further HP products and placing “This is my last HP” sticker or other marking. on all current HP products. Any Canadian organizations, churches or work places that have taken this step, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.